Every day, Girl Scout volunteers make fun, friendship, and awesome
new experiences possible for girls across Louisiana. Every volunteer
in Girl Scouts of Louisiana Pines to the Gulf deserves a sincere
“thank-you” for how they are changing girls’ lives and our
With love, patience, and a deep dedication to enriching the lives of girls everywhere, these incredible individuals give their time every day to mentor, inspire, and help girls discover the world around them and the spark inside of them. We are beyond grateful. Show your appreciation by saying a simple “thank you,” sending a card, or nominating a volunteer for an award!
Informal rewards are day-to-day ways to say “thank you” to volunteers—they are intangible benefits and heartfelt displays of recognition. These sincere expressions of appreciation are based on specific contributions and are given in a timely manner. Informal recognition is powerful and effective, because volunteers feel valued by a personal touch! Examples of meaningful informal rewards include:
- A thank-you card or letter
- Sending the volunteer’s supervisor or CEO a letter recognizing her/his contributions.
- Buy a small gift of appreciation
- Coordinate a ‘thank you’ gift with the entire troop
- Coordinate a small ‘thank you’ party with their favorite snack or dessert
- Print your favorite picture of you with your leader to give them
- Showing interest in a volunteer’s personal life (such as asking about weekend plans)
- A shout-out on Facebook or Twitter
- Make your own!
Volunteer Award Nominations
Do you know a volunteer who has done outstanding work? A volunteer who has inspired your daughter, provided a fantastic event for the girls in your service unit or made day camp the best ever. Take some time to consider GSUSA National Awards and Girl Scouts of Louisiana Pines to the Gulf awards and nominate this outstanding volunteer for a Girl Scout award. All award nominations open in October and are only able to be submitted through the links on our Awards & Recognitions page.