Show Your Appreciation
Every day, Girl Scout volunteers make fun, friendship, and awesome new experiences possible for girls. Every volunteer in Girl Scouts of Louisiana – Pines to the Gulf deserves a sincere “thank-you” for how they are changing girls’ lives and our communities. Informal appreciation are day-to-day ways to say “thank you” to volunteers. It is powerful and effective, because volunteers feel valued by a personal touch!
Complete at least three of the suggestions below to show your love and appreciation this month! You may do these on your own or coordinate with your fellow troop members.
- Order a Leader Appreciation Kit from the GSLPG Retail Shop
- Send a thank-you card or letter. They’ll love hearing how they’ve made a difference in your life!
- Send the volunteer’s supervisor or CEO a letter recognizing her/his contributions
- Surprise them with something special! Throughout April, you can use a volunteer appreciation discount at the Girl Scout Shop, and bring a smile to your volunteer’s face with a thoughtful token of your appreciation.
- Coordinate a small ‘thank you’ party with their favorite snack or dessert
- Print your favorite picture of you with your leader to give them
- Show interest in a volunteer’s personal life (such as asking about weekend plans)
- During National Volunteer Week, share across your social channels what makes your favorite volunteer (or volunteers!) so special to you—everyone could use something cheerful in their feed! And remember to tag @girlscouts and use #NVW2021 so we can follow the love!
- Consider sending a digital group thank-you via Kudoboard! Each troop member and her family can share a message, photo, or video on your volunteer’s thank-you board – like this one!
- Make your own
The first 50 girls to submit this form will receive a complimentary fun patch. Additional patches will be available for purchase in council retail shops.
See GSUSA Volunteer Appreciation page for more ideas.