|Camp Wawbansee Alumni | Girl Scouts Louisiana Pines to the Gulf
Wawbansee located at 610 Girl Scout Road, off of Hwy 80 in Simmsboro,
Louisiana near the border of Bienville and Lincoln Parishes features 140
wood acres with a natural lake. The
property was acquired in 1944 and according to tradition was named
after the beautiful daughter of a great Indian Chief. The name
"Wawbansee" means "land of mirrored waters".
rustic facilities include a commercial kitchen, dining hall, infirmary,
trading post, swimming pool. Campers enjoy canoeing on a 4 acre lake
and fishing from its dock.
Facilities at Camp Wawbansee
- Troop House - 24 beds, with full kitchen. Hot/cold water, sinks, showers, and three toilets.
- Pine Ridge - 5 cabins with 4 beds each and one cabin with 2 beds, pavilion with two fire rings.
- Fern Ledge - 8 cabins with 4 beds in each cabin
Pine Ridge and Fern Ledge share a restroom facility with 8 toilets, hot/cold sinks and showers.
- Persimmon Hill - 8 cabins with 4 beds each, pavilion with fireplace and one fire ring. Hot/cold water, sinks, showers and 4 toilets.
- Director's Cabin - 2 beds, hot/cold water sink, shower and 1 toilet.
- Arts & Crafts building - hot/cold water sinks, showers, and 2 toilets.
- Infirmary - 6 beds, 1 shower, 1 toilet, (not to be used as a unit—only for use as an infirmary)
- Swimming Pool Area - May be used for tent overflow camping. Permission must be obtained before use.
The camp is accredited by
American Camp Association